breakfast | noun. a meal eaten in the morning, the first of the day.
Sunrise Avocado Egg Cups
Ingredients: 2 whole avocados 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs Pink Himalayan sea salt Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a ceramic or glass dish with parchment paper.* 2. Slice avocados lengthwise, remove pit. With a spoon, scoop-out additional flesh from the avocado halves – enough for the cracked egg to sit-in nicely. 2. Place avocado halves in dish with flesh face-up. 3. Crack one egg into one avocado half. Don’t worry if some of the egg drips down into the dish. 4. Sprinkle each egg cup with salt and pepper. 5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Continue to bake until desired consistency is achieved. 6. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Top with fresh garden salsa, mango slices, green onions, black beans, etc. – the possibilities are endless!
*Note: I love the pre-cut natural baking paper sheets from Majestic Chef. They are bleach-/chlorine-free and cleanup is quick -- I order them from Frontier Co-op.
Sweet Potato & Pork Sausage Hash
Ingredients: 1 large, organic sweet potato (baked, cooled, and diced) 1 lb. fresh pork sausage (optional: add your favorite spices to enhance flavor) 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs 1/2 cup chopped green onion 1/2 cup organic black beans (rinsed and drained)
1. Start by placing pork sausage in frying pan over medium heat and sautee (make sure you break-up the sausage into pieces). 2. Add desired spices to enhance the flavor. (I used a 'dash' of black pepper, pink Himalayan salt, dried rosemary, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder). 2. Once pork sausage is no longer pink, add diced sweet potato to frying pan. 3. Sautee sausage and sweet potato for about 5-10 minutes. 4. Once mixture is fully cooked and sweet potatoes have a slight brownned edge, remove from heat and set aside. 5. Top each serving of sweet potato hash with 1 pan-fried egg. 6. Finish with green onion and black beans. 7. Enjoy!
Fruit & Yogurt Bowl
Ingredients: 1 cup Stonyfield whole-milk French vanilla yogurt (or other) 1/2 organic gala apple, sliced 1/4 cup organic blueberries 1/4 cup organic raspberries 1/2 medium banana, sliced
Place yogurt in bowl and top with fresh fruit. Enjoy!
1. Slice and toast bagel. 2. Lightly fry eggs along with strips of bacon in frying pan over medium heat. 3. Layer all ingredients as you would in a 'sandwich.' 4. Enjoy!
Ingredients: 1 cup organic pumpkin puree 2 eggs 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk 2 cups GF rolled oats 3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted) 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp sea salt 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 4-6 squares organic dark chocolate (chopped) unsweetened shaved coconut (for top)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F. 2. Line muffin tin with liners or grease. 3. Place all ingredients (starting with wet ingredients) in blender or food processor. Blend until well combined and batter is smooth. 4. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with batter, top with shaved coconut. 5. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes; remove once muffins have risen. Let cool and enjoy!
1. Begin by toasting bread, top with ghee. 2. In a frying pan, place strips of bacon around edges and add eggs (in middle). Fry until fully-cooked. 3. Top toast with eggs, bacon, and fresh mozzarella. 4. Finish with sliced onion, avocado, salsa, and cracked pepper.
Toasted Coconut Granola
Ingredients: 2.5 cups unsweetened shaved coconut 2 cups GF rolled oats 3/4 cup raw pepitas 1/3 cup chia seeds 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or almonds 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds 2 Tbsp coconut sugar 1.5 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil (melted) 1/4 cup pure maple syrup 2 Tbsp natural peanut (or other nut) butter 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. In a large bowl, combine shaved coconut, oats, pepitas, chia seeds, nuts, sunflower seeds, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. 3. In a sauce pan, melt the coconut oil. Once the oil is melted, add-in the maple syrup, nut butter, and vanilla. Whisk until combined. 4. Pour the wet mixture on top of the dry; stir until well distributed. 5. Transfer granola mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. 6. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir and spread evenly once more. Place baking sheet back in oven for approximately 10 more minutes, just until oats appear golden brown. 7. Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
*Store granola in air-tight container.
All recipes, head notes, photos, and blog posts on this site are original and property of samantha schleiger ms, rdn, cd, CLT and simply nourished (unless otherwise noted). You are welcome to share a photo, recipe or blog post from this site. however, please be respectful and provide a link back to it's source and provide credit to it's owner. thank you FOR YOUR SUPPORT!